I haven't written anything in a while, but believe me our life is busier than ever right now... Relatives being in town, kitchen getting the last updates, summer keeping us outside, birthday parties for all the well-planned summer babies :) and everything in between!
So, today you get to see some random moments of this craziness. They are not related whatsoever and not-even-closely represent the full picture of the latest events...
1) Ruslan finally started being interested in writing! No, I am so lying! He still doesn't really care about it, but it is the first Russian word ever that he put together ("Ruslan") and he did pretty well with it!
2) I did all the laundry the other day and went through all the kids' socks and ended up with 47 (!!!) unpaired socks! How did this happen? Ok, maybe I did find a little pile of these in a very sacred spot of Remi (aka puzzle drawer) after I took this picture, but still I have around 30 of them to match... I am losing my hope and looking for a project to incorporate these in...
3) Remi took a really nice bath that night... I put him on the bed and gave him a moisturizer to hold while I am looking for his pajama pants. He asked me if he could put it on. Well, knowing that he doesn't know how to unscrew things yet, I nodded my head... But of course, I always underestimate my children's abilities... A minute later his whole head was covered with a nice white layer of baby cream... He really hated when I rewashed his hair in that sink... Poor baby, he even asked me if it was ok...
4) I cooked the easiest and most delicious dinner in the world! (sorry if you don't eat meat)
I am sure this recipe exists somewhere, but I did invented it that day. I just took zucchini, cut it in half, wrapped bacon around it, put a generous portion of parmesan cheese on top and covered it with my favorite spices. Baked this at 400 for like 25 min. That.was.it. My hubby called it exquisite - and he is the cook usually, so I really do value his compliments.
5) Ruslan and Remi found a better way to watch cartoons... Instead of battling over who is taking which side, they just do this now:
6) We woke up Ruslan very late at night to see and hear the frogs in our backyard. The yard was literally covered with the frogs all sizes! Ruslan loved it! He also was very excited when the next day we caught a couple of them and let him keep them in a jar for a little bit. Then he wanted to release the frogies because he thought they wanted to go home to their mommies, which I assume was true.
7) We went to the zoo! No, that's not really it, cause we go there like every week, but it's more like "I caught a nice picture of the boys between the dinosaur ribs!"
Anyway, what have you been doing lately? And what the heck should I do with those socks???
I hope you all have a wonderful and productive day!!